Solid Waste, Recycling Centers and Litter Control
Jasper County Solid Waste, Recycling Centers and Litter Control
623 Live Oak Drive
Monday - Saturday 7:00AM - 7:00PM
Closed Christmas Day
SCDHEC has set the recycling goal of 35 percent for all counties and waste reduction goal of 3.5 pounds per person per day. To comply with that goal. Jasper County has established six drop off centers throughout the county. These centers provide citizens with a convenient means for the disposal and collection of solid waste. Citizens have the opportunity to get involved in waste reduction through the recycling program.
All drop off centers accept household garbage for transfer to a Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill for disposal. All other items are collected here and recycled.
All centers accept the following items for recycling:
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Plastic jugs and bottles
- Newspaper and inserts
- Office paper
- Magazines and books
- Used oil filters
- Used oil (must be poured into a collection tank of site)
- Empty oil bottles
- Used tires
- Lead-acid batteries
- Scrap materials
- White goods (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.)
- Yard trimmings (leaves, pine straw, limbs and branches)
- No contractors will be allowed to use the drop off centers
- Construction and demolition debris (C&D)
- Glass (brown, green, and clear)
- E-waste (computers and electronics)
- Cooking Oil (from resident ONLY)
- Used antifreeze
- NO hazardous material can be accepted at the drop off
In 2005 Jasper County recycled approximately 5,896.22 tons and hauled approximately 10,880.83 tons of garbage.
In 2006 Jasper County recycled approximately 6,108.42 tons and hauled approximately 11,386.31tons of garbage.
||Hwy 29 & 48
||Hwy 321 & 601
||Hwy 462 & 160